Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big Loser Update!!

I've never been so nervous in such a long time! When I stood on the scale for my second weigh-in for my "Big Loser" 2011 I was shaking so much the scale wasn't reading properly :)...but once I got my nerves under control I weighed in at a "SLIM" 398 lbs!!! That's a loss of 16.6 lbs in my first week! I haven't been under 400 lbs. in almost 4 years! It wasn't easy...it definitely wasn't the funnest thing I could think of...but it was well worth every minute, every drop of sweat, every bit of pain I felt! I almost feel like Rocky at the top of the steps and putting my hands in the air with a huge feeling of accomplishment. Thinking about what a huge step this is in my life on my way home I was almost in tears, knowing that step by step, I'm gaining more of my life back and more time I'll have with my children. Much alohas and mahalos to ALL my supporters, you've been there when I definitely needed it!

Now for part two of this update.....my new set of work outs that I'll be committing to doing this week. I swear I have never felt like I wanted to cry while working out since the 5th grade! I got my booty worked so hard I couldn't believe it. But all I could think about was the future I've been granted through this program. Humangous Mahalos to 94.1 for setting this up and accepting me, the Washington Rec for this opportunity they are giving us all to participate in the contest. Most of all...to my family, my wife Kanoe (Vannessa for all those with a "?" over your head..lol) and kids for making smile and get off my booty when I just want to sit and sleep for the rest of the day...I love you all! It's starting to not seem like a contest but such a huge life changing event that I will never take for granted.....my next weight loss goal for this coming week will be no less than 12 lbs. I know it's possible and I need all the help and support from everyone! Kia Kaha everyone and Aloooohaaaaa!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome night! I am grateful for your words. You are able to express everything in such a great way. This thing is going to be awesome! Let me know if you ever need a workout partner, I would love to go with you sometime.

    Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, that is Awesome! Good job! I remember back in football practices and games the things you could do. I still remember losing to you in the 40. You were a train running through the line. You´ll get there! Keep it up!!

    Quinn

    ReplyDelete