Friday, January 21, 2011

Big Loser fears...

     I can't say that I headed into the "Big Loser" challenge with a full head of steam. I think I was more excited about it when I didn't know I was accepted to participate. Now it's too the grind stone, gloves are off and it's time to put your fat (well...mine) where your (my) commitment is. My first meeting, yesterday, with my trainer Chad went nowhere that I expected. He had me working circuits of four exercises each. It seriously KICKED my butt. I never had the feeling to literally throw up when working out. I felt nauseous, dizzy and like I was just going to fall over a couple times. But I persevered and made it through the most grueling 40 minutes I've been a part of in a VERY long time. In the end I was happy, it hurt like no other, I couldn't hold myself up and didn't want to move. But I was happy that when my commitment was put to the test, I passed.

    Now came day two (today). I was on my own. No Chad, no other kind of motivational voice to push me through it and I was worried that I wouldn't push myself as hard as I did when someone was there. About 30 minutes later you had one exhausted 400 plus pounder breathing heavy, sweating and wanting to collapse! (I know that just painted a beautiful picture for you but stay with me here...lol) I feel almost inspired by myself that I was able to push myself when it was only  me watching. But I know it was more than just that. All my friends and family that are behind me and supporting me with this LIFE CHANGING experience I'm a part of. For any other reason, I don't think I would have the mind set that I do now. Although my muscles say otherwise, I feel great and full of excitement and energy. I look forward to the next 10 weeks and hope I keep up the hard work. There will be times that I want to quit but I know I'll make it through it. I believe that, for me, the hardest physical challenges will by my first two to three weeks. Coming from years of working harder in my mind than in the gym, the tables will turn and I will get my life back. Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I had my trainer session on Thursday, and was at the gym for 2 hours. Yesterday, I kept thinking I'm too tired and too sore to do anything, but I rode the bike at my mother-in-law's for 30 minutes straight and did some walking. We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete