Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No more stress for me!!

     THAT'S IT! I had the most stressful week I've ever had with this whole weight loss thing and I am done with all that stress and worry about how my week is going because I'm gonna take Nike's advice and "JUST DO IT!"  I had thoughts of how everyone else was doing and I would just hope I was doing enough to keep up with them. I would try to get technical with my work outs by trying to make sure I didn't work too hard and end up being counter-productive. I also made sure that I was doing enough and was constantly unsure with myself whether or not what I was doing was adequate enough or not. I think the base to all this nonsense was the thought that I was part of a game/competition. Without even thinking about it my competitive self was whispering through the back of my head egging me on and pushing the stress of getting the big "W" and telling me that I need to be methodical about how I approach everything and be analytical. I wanted to win it not only for me but also "do it for the family" and everything else that comes along with that attitude. Boy was I wrong about going about it like that! And so I'm here to tell you that it's not a game, contest, thinking game or what have you. I've lost 34.6 lbs. up to this point and you know what?....I've already won. My kids have a more active Father again, my have has someone who shares the idea of..."hey ya we should go on a walk" or "ya, next chance we have lets take the kids on that hike."
     My decisions over the course of these past six weeks have been a massive change in my thinking and desire to want to do more "productive" things. Rather than sit at home and play xbox, watch a movie or sleep. I have most of my life back that I had before the weight gain. And soon enough I'll ready to run the court again for some basketball for more than 5 minutes. I'm actually going to participate in a 5K this Saturday WILLINGLY! This past week I was upset with myself because I ONLY ran just under 2 miles. REALLY?...I can't believe I made it through a jog past the first block down the road, and that's down hill! The other day I was at the gas station and was feeling hungry because I haven't eaten in a bit so I went inside to find something and (long story short) I came out empty handed. There's also a Jack in the Box right next door and that drive thru was calling me by my FULL name and I managed to drive in the other direction. The old me would've gotten candy and a soda from the gas station then an Ultimate Cheese Burger meal, Large, four regular tacos and a chicken sandwich and a jumbo jack. That just makes me wanna hurl reading about it...LOL.
     Here's the bottom line, I'm coming at it full bore these last four weeks and I'm gonna KILL IT!! I'm not going to worry about everyone else, how they stack up to me or if I'll be in the bottom two the next week. I'm doing this for ME and everything else will just fall into place. Should I happen to win along the way, sweet as, it'll be an awesome treat for working so hard but if not...NO WORRIES! I couldn't be happier working with any other group of people than the one I'm with now. The support we all have for each other and the friendships we've built isn't something that's just handed to you, I call them Blessings. We all deserve to "win it all" and in the end, we already have.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    I got chills reading this. I am so happy we have the chance to be part of the same team. You keep my on my toes with all this weight loss my man! Keep up the good work, you wife and kids are so lucky to have an amazing husband/dad like you.

    ReplyDelete