Tuesday, February 22, 2011

[ Enter Title Here ]

     It's been way too long since I've done one of these things and I have so much that has gone on and much I've learned. I've had a really good weight loss where I feel I needed to do a lot more and last week I felt like I pushed it like Superman and ended with (what I feel) a disappointing 2 lb. loss. I faced a really discouraging state of mind and didn't know what to think or where to go. But thanks to an amazing wife and an even more amazing wife :) I cleared my head and am back on track.
     Taking a step back to look at the big picture I've come a long way and much has gone in to what I have been doing. In just 4 weeks I've lost 26.8 lbs and feel really good. I still can't say I feel good about the total loss (only because my expectations are a lot higher but that's another story) but I feel good physically. I went on a bike ride with my family for the first time in my (almost) 7 years of marriage. I want to go on hikes now, with the family, and I wouldn't even think about walking down the street. It's been so awesome to be able to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath and stress to tie it part way, take a breather and finish the rest then do it all over again for my other foot. I'm not selective on what shirt to wear because they all fit now. It's not that much of a chore to change the babies diapers or change them because it's not hard to bend over to sit on the floor and get back up. When I go to church I'm not holding my breath half the time in fear of a button popping on my shirt and being able to relax and know that the "Crack-en" isn't staring at anyone behind me.
     26.8 lbs down! That's approximately 107 lbs. of pressure off my knees! I'm happy and healthy which is what I pray for everyday. I'm happy to be where I am at this point and no regrets. I learn new things about being healthy that I should have known already but am fortunate that I can teach it to my kids while they're still young. Keep it real ya'll and until next time...Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment